Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

JOBS, JOBS, JOBS!!!!

When everytime I think of work, I think about it as a nightmare (kidding) but I must do the work so I can pay my bills and my needs ;). Can you imagine if we all just stay home and the money just keeps coming in and feeding us day by day? Ha!

I remember as a college drop out back when I was in The Philippnes, the very first job I took was Door to Door up front sell. I had to dress like an ambassador of the country and start making the money by selling Gas Tank Pipe. The gas tank pipe was a strong hosepipe that connects to the burner and the tank so the gas can flow and gives you fire. Well, I am proud to say, it was intense and I did get pay for P20 (pesos, nearly a $1). After one day, I QUIT and waited a few more months before I was hired and started working in a Video store. There I lasted about a month or two before I went to Manila.

When I came in the U.S., my very first job was in bagel store or should I say, DELI!! There I've learned how to spread the creamcheese, cooked the sunny side up egg and sliced up some ham ;). It didn't last (of coruse), so I went to "Hold Everything", a part of William Sonoma and became their Stock Associate. With all honesty, it was the hard! Yet, I stood on my ground and worked it like the rent was due the next day, lol.

Sales Associate (Macy's), Door Receptionist (Tribeca), Assistant Physical Therapist (Spa), Caregiver (Nursing Home), Barista (Starbucks),  Sales Associate (Banana Republic), Bank Teller (Commerce Bank), Cashier Clerk (Law Firm). Yes, I have done it all and I am Proud that I get to experience each work.

After graduating college, I was hired to be an Accounts Payable Analyst for the City of New York. The work objective itself is very tedious and complicated but with critical thinking and experience, my day at work just flows like the water in the river.

xoxo,
Nicky

No comments:

Post a Comment